In the process of personal growth and self awareness, my number one goal was to find out my primary mission in life and live it out. “All are seeking to carry out the purpose for which they were created.” The Master Key System.
In my search, I found several mentors and followed their lead. I did it so well that I became mini-clones of them – still not understanding who I was. I became so entranced by their leadership that I spent most of my time studying and trying to be them.
People tell you to seek out a mentor and do everything he/she does. In those trainings you will find the essence of who you will become – not necessarily who you are. For an example, I love Les Brown and his ability to motivate others to achieve personal greatness. I listen to his tapes/videos. I visit his website. I also connect with his successors. In all of that activity, no matter how much I tune into Les Brown – I could never be him. He could never be me. Mentorship gives you an opportunity to open your mind to the possibilities that awaits you once you come into your own.
The fight to be you deepens. Have you ever dated someone that called you every five minutes of the day, asking what you were up to? Do you remember how agitated and annoyed you felt in those moments? Did you want to just yell to the top of your lungs, “Dude/Girl, don’t you have a life? Is there something else you would like to do with your time other than bug me?” When you have no clue of who you are — you become the bugga-boo (agitator, pest, annoying one, etc…) You seek to identify who you are through someone else. Having experienced this, you will find that it is very frustrating and often very painful. People enhance people. Only God can define your character and your purpose.
Tips on: How to Be Your Purpose
- Develop a Relationship with God. He is the puzzle maker. He is the only one who can show you how all of the pieces of the puzzle fit together. Pray. Pray. Pray. Meditate. Meditate. Meditate.
- Change Your Mind. You are what you think. You will loose everything you gained, if you never prepare your mind to receive the person you are meant to be.
- Build Your (Renewed) Character. Seek to learn, grow and understand who you are. This can be a long, painful and tedious process, but the long-term benefits are worth it!
- Tune into Your Interest. Concentrating on what everyone else does will only waste your time and make you more frustrated. You give more by giving yourself. Just by being authentically you, people who need to hear your message will tune into you and look up to you as a mentor – just like I did with Les Brown.
- Work Toward Your Dream. “Live the spirit of these things until they become yours by right.” The Master Key System.
Thank you. I hope my message has in some way inspired you and given insight into what it means to live the truth. Have a wonderful Day…